Gothenburg, the second-largest city in Sweden isn’t famous for any futuristic or cyberpunk skyscrapers or sceneries. But that doesn’t stop me from trying to capture such urban street photography in Gothenburg anyway. Here are some of the urban street photographs and videos I’ve taken in Gothenburg, and some tips on spots to go to.
9 Places to take Urban Street photograpy in Gotehnburg
Most of the photography I take happens spontaneously when I’m on my way somewhere or at a cultural/art/music event. But I’ve noticed that in some places in Gothenburg is easier to take industrial or futuristic-looking pictures.
Good places for urban street photography in Gothenburg:
- Around Ullevi (the big sports arena) since it’s one of the biggest and noteworthy buildings we have in Gothenburg. Also because they’re building lots of tall building there now which looks cool at night.
- Adress: Ullevigatan, 411 40 Göteborg
- On hights such as “Ramberget“
- Adress: Brämaregården, 417 01 Göteborg
- In the disused railway tunnel called “techno tunneln” where some musical events happen
- At the “Lunden Water Tower“
- Adress: Platågatan 4A, 416 59 Göteborg
- Around the industrial area of Slakthusområdet
- Adress: Slakthusgatan 10, 415 02 Göteborg
- Inside industrial buildings when there are events such as raves or art installations (you can find some on Facebook Events or ask around if you know someone from Gothenburg)
- Around Järntorget
- Along the walk between Stenpiren to Masthugget. There’s a walk by the water with a view to the other side of town, where there’s many interesting objects such as old cranes, tall buildings under construction, boats, and industrial buildings.
- By Älvsborg Bridge. At night the bridge lights up beautifully.
My Night Urban Street Photography in Gothenburg, Sweden
And here’s a couple of photographs and videos I’ve taken in Gothenburg! (Or where I’m in)
I hope Gothenburg will grow a lot more, and that I’ll find more spots to take photographs in.
Thanks for reading!