Did you know that you can create a 3D object in After Effects? Here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can start using 3D objects in After Effects.
After Effects comes with a LITE-version of the program Cinema 4D, which allows you to create and manipulate 3D objects.
Step-by-step guide on how to create a 3D object in After Effects
- Open the After Effects program
- Make a new Composition
- Chose “Cinema 4D” in the settings
- Click “OK”
- Make a new layer in the Composition.
- “Layer” -> “New” -> “Shape Layer” in the top menu
- Make the shape you want your 3D object to have (e.g. a rectangle)
- Left-click on the element and choose “3D Layer”
OR toggle the 3D symbol in the layer settings panel
- In the layer settings, go to “Geometry Options” and adjust the “Extrusion Depth”
If you want to watch the guide step-by-step I’ve made a YouTube video as well. However, I’m talking in Swedish but I’ve added English subtitles and my program is set to English, so you’ll be able to follow the steps anyway.
Put on subtitles for English Subs
I hope this guide was helpful!
More similar articles
Here’s a few more similar articles, if you’re interested in reading more