Curious to what types of glasses we’ll wear in the future? Here’s a collection of inspiration and cyberpunk futuristic glasses you can buy.
You may also be interested in 4 Futuristic Face Masks
Note! Some of the links in this article are Amazon affiliate links (I earn a commission for each sale). But it comes at an extra cost for you.
Elements of Futuristic Glasses
The cyberpunk genre was originally a sci-fi genre. It’s about a dystopian future where we achieve advanced technological advancements but are stuck with environmental and political issues. Such as harmful pollution in the air and a questionable police state. Some do argue that we already live in that reality.
Following this, the definition of futuristic cyberpunk glasses would be glasses that we would expect to be used in a cyberpunk environment. And of course, people would probably still be using old-fashioned glasses as well. But, since we’re also talking about futuristic glasses, they have to have something extra. So that means that…
The elements to cyberpunk futuristic glasses are:
- High-tech – They have information technology built into it or connected with it. It’s not just a pair of prescription glasses to correct eye-sight
- Protection – Offer some sort of protection against either environmental hazards or against police surveillance (such as hindering facial recognition). I guess this would turn glass into goggles (protective goggles perhaps?)
- Cool & futuristic aesthetics – We are still talking about cyberpunk as an aesthetic and fictional genre, which means that it also needs to fit into the style of the genre. So.. I’m thinking glasses in the fashion of The Matrix and Cyberpunk 2077. “Fast” glasses, a bit of an over-the-top look, and some cool LED lights on the sides.
Inspiration | Cyberpunk Glasses & Goggles
This is a collection of inspiration for futuristic cyberpunk glasses. Including but not limited to:
- Cyberpunk goggles and aesthetics
- Oversized shield visors (but not face masks)
- Futuristic eyewear
- Narrow and oversized sunglasses
None of these images are mine. The credits are given below each image if found. Please contact me to add or correct any credits!
While creating this collection I noticed that many of my favorite concept art was from Abrar Khan, so check him out! His Artstation page is full of beautiful high-fidelity cyberpunk graphics.
Real-Life Cyberpunk Glasses
Wouldn’t it be cool to own a pair of super cool and high-tech glasses? I would love that. But, there’s a reason why we don’t see people go around with them… And that’s because we aren’t there yet. I think the closes to industrial futuristic glasses we’ve seen are the Google Glasses, but that didn’t go anywhere.
But we can still have fun and pretend like we’re there. So, in the section below you’ll find the links to some glasses that you can buy from Amazon that go in style with this topic.
Where to Buy
Here are a few futuristic cyberpunk glasses that you can buy from Amazon! These are mostly aesthetic for cosplay, rave, photoshoot, and party outfits.
Thanks for reading!